From the time coronavirus COVID-19 first spread around the world, and how it already affected the health of so many, it didn’t take long before the way we lived our everyday lives changed significantly.
Many non-essential services have been forced to shut down, and we’ve learned that the best way to keep ourselves, our families, and our friends safe is to practice social distancing and strict cleanliness routines.
However, it all happened so quickly that many people had already closed on the sale of their homes, or purchased new homes, which isn’t something that can easily be postponed or cancelled. And, sadly, we also know that with the uncertainty of jobs, income, and the economy, some will be forced to change their living situations in order to manage financially.
At Movega Removals, our promise to our customers is to do whatever we can to help make moving and storage feel better. This promise holds true today more than ever. Our team knows that many people still need to move homes during this uncertain time, so we’ve committed to taking all possible steps to ensure that your move is as safe as possible.
Here’s more information on how we’re keeping our customers and staff safe during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Ultimately, the health and safety of our customers and staff is our number one priority. As such, we want to give you some helpful information and tips on how to make your move as safe as possible, regardless of the moving service you choose.
Using Full Service Movers
If you’ve already committed to using a full service moving company where they do the packing and/or loading for you, or you need help with the packing/loading and unpacking/unloading of your belongings, be sure to speak directly with the company to be clear on the safety precautions they’re taking for their customers and employees.
Advantages of using a Full Service Mover:
- They provide labourers, so you’ll have help with the packing/loading and unpacking/unloading.
- They will move your items from your current home to your new home.
Questions to Ask:
- Are they properly equipping their staff with safety gear, such as masks, gloves, clothing and hand sanitizer?
- Have they implemented strict and extensive cleaning and sanitizing practices for their moving equipment like blankets and straps, and the interior and exterior of their trucks?
- Are they monitoring their staff for symptoms and encouraging them to stay home if they are not feeling well?
- Can they do a virtual walk through of your home prior to quoting your move to ensure the charges are accurate?
- What is their cancellation or date change policy?
- Can they provide a secure storage option during your move in case you need it? (Note: If the storage option they offer is from a separate company, you will need to verify their safety measures as well, and get separate quotes)
We’re here to help make you feel better about moving during COVID-19
Our team at Movega Removals understands that moving is something that can be quite stressful on its own, without the added fear of compromising your health and safety. As such, we’re working harder than ever to help make our customers feel better about moving and storage.
If you have questions or concerns about moving during the COVID-19 pandemic, please contact us at +44 (0) 20 8050 3548. You can also request a free moving quote online. We’re happy to help in any way we can.
Adds Dawsonrentals’ Managing Director, John Fletcher, "Dawsonrentals’ unique structure means we can react quickly to customer needs. Having understood CEVA’s focus on reliability, support and fuel performance, both for economy and environmental reasons, we were able to recommend the right vehicle package, and as importantly, move fast to secure trucks with a very specific spec and mobilise the whole project on time within a mutually acceptable contracted price.”
Packing & Unpacking Service. Movega Removals is able to provide full packing and unpacking service to reduce the burden of having to prepare the goods for transportation.
Loads above 15 cubic meters or more are considered a dedicated service. This service gives the flexibility to choose day of collection. Goods will be delivered directly to the appointed address.
Loads of up to 15 cubic meters are considered a part load moves. The biggest advantage of the part load moves is the price, as the vechicle is shared with other customers.
Extra Helper assists driver loading and unloading the van. The service is suitable for customers , not able to assists for various reasons with the loading and unloading process.